Growing fast – Looking for a dedicated
Lead Architectural Designer
At Schroeder Design/Build
In Fairfax, VA
For thirty years, homeowners in Northern Virginia have come to Schroeder Design/Build when they need to add space or complete their remodeling projects. Clients receive complete design service and construction services with highly sought-after craftsmanship. We work hand in hand with our clients to transform their house into their dream home. Collaboration, communication and honesty is key to our success.
We are a family-owned business with 22 employees that has been growing and expanding every year. Our core values include honest communication and high integrity. We make it a priority to form long-lasting professional relationships with our employees, clients, the community, and other businesses through team-building and company outings.
Why should you join us?
We like to develop people and give opportunity for growth within our company. We are a small and tight group, where every voice matters. Our company has long term plans for lots of growth, and we want dedicated team members to join us!
3918 Prosperity Ave. Suite 100, Fairfax VA 22031
Our Website: http://www.schroederdesignbuild.com
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop overall architectural concept of design projects. From design through to construction.
- Work with design clients (face to Face), Sales, Project Developer(s) and Production ensuring the clients goals are met during design, ensuring accurate completion of the design in the timeframe required to meet production demands; as well as, supporting final sale of a construction agreement.
- Through team approach, achieve superior client satisfaction and meet designated project time lines
- Meet or exceed overall company volume goals
- Maintain relationships with clients, and staff to provide the highest level of customer service
- Participate in ongoing training for the benefit of the staff, the company and future clients
- Provide weekly updates on project status to the team
- Reports to Design Manager
- Perform duties of Design Project Lead for assigned design clients
- Coordinate Design Team effort to ensure timely and accurate completion of:
- All designs work and drawings
- Schedule and oversee all design related meetings
- Delegate work load as appropriate and manage delegated work to ensure on time and accurate completion of all portions of the design
- Manage Co-Construct schedule up to Trade Walk
- For all architectural projects, prepare or assign drafting of:
- As-built drawings
- Presentation drawings
- Trade Walk drawings
- Contract drawings
- Interior and detail elevations as needed
- Permit Sets
- Construction Sets
- Prepare take-offs and initial quotes for all required materials
- Obtain or coordinate required structural permitting
- Assist Production Department as needed during construction
- Attend or coordinate attendance of electrical walk, tile walk and weekly meetings as needed
- Assist Client as requested by Production
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Continuous training to improve skills
- Assist in identifying policy and procedure upgrades to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Mentor design assistant
- Manage REVIT templates and design related checklists
- Other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS/PERSONALITY-RELATED SKILLS:
- Five (5) years of residential design experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience developing permit documents including structural.
- Ideally, the candidate should have five (5) years of Design/Build experience
- Knowledge of REVIT is a plus.
PLANNED SALARY AND OTHER COMPENSATIONS:
- Vision for design and the ability to inspire
- Proven leadership experience
- Proven job coordination skills
- Able to interact and communicate with clients and team members
- Experienced and able to meet our client’s expectations
- Able to work with people to achieve extraordinary results
- The ability to set, pursue and attain goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances
We offer a salary of $60,000 to $80,000 depending on experience. We also offer 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation Time.
Please do not call the office as we do not process applications on the phone. Simply reply to this posting by clicking on the link provided.