WHO ARE WE?
(Washington D.C. area)
Expanding fast - Looking for a dedicated
Hygienist - Part Time
Our practice services patients from across the D.C. Area and beyond—with some patients regularly returning to the practice from as far away as the West Coast, Europe and even Africa.
Founded by Dr. Maryam Seifi over 25 years ago, StarBrite takes a revolutionary approach to patient care. With a mix of uncompromising technical excellence, personal customer service and a deep commitment to the best possible care for patients, StarBrite has built proprietary systems into every aspect of the practice. Regular staff training and cutting-edge organizational procedures enable us to focus on what matters most: our patients’ health.
5930 Hubbard Drive Rockville MD 20852. https://starbritedentalrockville.com/
: 3 to 4 days per week – Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, with sometime Wednesday or Thursday.
You will provide excellent recare so that patients maintain the highest level of oral health possible. In addition to providing high-quality prophylaxis and periodontal treatments, you will educate patients about their oral health and the importance of dental checkups, oral cancer screenings and proper home care. You will ensure that patients understand the value of what is being done and the importance of maintaining excellent oral health so that patients keep their six-month checkups and get all needed care.
a) providing excellent recare to patients, and b) educating patients regarding their oral health
The expected end results of your job are:
1. Thorough cleanings that don’t leave behind a single bit of plaque or tartar.
2. Patients who are so well educated about their oral health that they do whatever is necessary to maintain their oral health on their own initiative, including adhering to proper home care and signing up for any additional treatment recommended.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED PERSONALITY AND BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Certified by an accredited dental hygiene school.
- Good understanding and real-world command of all the different aspects of their job such as prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, etc.
- 2-5 years of experience in private practice preferred.
- Good people skills.
- Must be able to work well within a group setting.
- Good understanding of, and compliance with our precise office protocols which allow the office to function efficiently.
- Ability to clearly and simply explain oral health situations and dental procedures so that patients really understand them.
- Ability to educate patients in a way that results in them wanting to participate in their own oral health—not feeling wrong or guilty in any way.
: Hygienists are important to the practice, as they keep our patient base engaged in their oral health and regularly returning for recare. The main thing to remember about dental hygiene at StarBrite Dental is that our hygienists are educators. They must educate so well that patients keep every single one of their recare and maintenance appointments and sign up for all treatment that’s recommended.
PLANNED SALARY AND OTHER COMPENSATIONS:
- Based on your schedule and your experience, we offer $40 - $50.hour plus performance-based bonuses.
Thank you for uploading your resume if you want to be contacted.