Successful Veterinary Clinic
No-Fail Hiring is helping our client to find a new Practice Manager.
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
This clinic was started in 2013 based on clients’ needs as the owner was strictly a mobile practitioner for a wide variety of species. The clinic treats mostly all species (with the exception of birds): cattle, horses, goats, sheep, pigs/production and potbellied pigs, llamas, alpacas, deer, guinea pigs, rabbits, snakes, chinchillas, hamsters, etc.
The clinic owner practices a combination of eastern and western medicine. We perform GW exams, vaccines, orthopedics, acupuncture and cold laser, digital x-rays, dentals, soft tissue surgery, and lots of non-specialist surgeries (cystotomy, splenectomy, gastrotomy, gastropexy, pyometra, c-section, etc.). The clinic also performs mobile veterinary services 1 day a week and has a part time veterinarian 2 days a week. It is a full-service Veterinary Clinic.
Our client is a big supporter of the FFA (Future Farmers of America) and the Military. The clinic founding DVM served in the military and has been a supporter of the military ever since. The whole clinic staff believes in hard work, dedication, and compassion, where every patient deserves the best care.
Corona area, California 92880
Practice Manager’s schedule and location:
You will be working on at our practice located in Corona. Your schedule will be 8:30am-6pm Monday through Friday.
Your Mission as Practice Manager:
We strive for this position to accomplish order, time management, accountability, flow and mutual respect in a healthy work environment that's productive for both the staff, client, and patient, with room to grow. You will manage the day-to-day business and ensure the financial health and well-being of the practice to expand and grow for years to come. Using statistics to monitor the health of the practice will be critical. You will work closely with the DVM of the practice to help it grow productively, intellectually, creatively, and financially.
Practice Manager’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Hire all staff and maintain a pool of qualified applicants to maintain an optimal staffing level at all times.
- Handle fair and consistent discipline to employees as necessary as well as all related documentation.
- With consultation of the veterinarian, be responsible for discharging or firing staff members and understanding the legal implications during the process while making decisions accordingly.
- Handle and oversee all staff scheduling, promoting the best use of staff during peak hours as well as compensating the schedule for slower times.
- Prepare and deliver employee evaluations and keep documentation in the employee files.
- Create an educational plan for each individual employee annually along with the budgeting needs of the plan.
- Ensure that credentialed employees are meeting their educational requirements.
- Implement and oversee all training programs related to employee training, including employee development, safety, OSHA, chemotherapy, biomedical, and radiation training as well as all related documentation.
- Plan and conduct all staff meetings.
- Cover positions in the event of vacancies.
- Monitor production and AR totals for each veterinarian.
- Coach associate veterinarians as needed on areas where improvement can be achieved.
- Monitor staff productivity.
- Oversee staff, incorporate SOP’S and delegate tasks to staff members.
- Work closely with the veterinarian in hiring and firing of employees if needed.
- Actively involved in social media, working closely with the veterinarian in advertising and marketing.
- Monitor stats and important KPI's of the practice as it relates to the Fortis business solution management program in which you will be trained.
4yr college degree desirable but not required, Registered Veterinary technician HIGHLY DESIRABLE but not required.
Typing skills and computer knowledge required (WORD, EXCEL, QB'S Instant Messenger and email).
Significant experience within a veterinary hospital required. Technician background desirable but not required. Customer Service background required.
Personal requirements: Flexible in work scheduling as the needs of the hospital are ever changing. Be available by cell phone most times. Comfortable with a wide range of animals, their odors and dangers that come with them.
Physical effort: work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Hard Worker
- Strong desire to work with animals
- Able to handle employee conflicts without biased
We offer a base salary of 60,000 per year. In addition we have benefits that include WC, liability, Social security (1/2 for employer), added bonus of gym membership after 3 months employment (month to month) and $500/year on Continuing Education.
IMPORTANT: We do not accept walk-in or call-in applications; your application will only be taken seriously when applying via online.