Florida Custom Mold (FCM)
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated
About our company:
Florida Custom Mold, Inc. a privately held company incorporated in 1988. Throughout the growth of our company, we have moved from being a custom mold maker supporting a small number of customers to a Total Solution Provider - offering services such as modeling, injection molding of plastic parts, as well as UV printing and turnkey assembly. In addition, we offer numerous secondary services such as threaded insert installation - serving more than 150 clients each year.
Why you should join our company:
We are a growing and well-established company (over 100 employees) which creates a good environment to advance and grow. We are multi-cultural operating in 3 countries. Most of our customers are very happy with the service we offer which creates a happy work environment for all. Commitment is our character, and our values of Quality (Never ship suspect product), integrity (keep our commitments), and respect (Never show disrespect) further ensures a pleasant work environment.
Our Location: 1806 Gunn Hwy, Odessa Florida, 33556.
Your Mission as Mold Maker:
Some of our Mold Maker’s duties and responsibilities:
- Design and construct Plastic Injection Molds; complicated, multi-action, unscrewing, et.
- Requires a visualization of completed products and high degree of ingenuity
- Plan methods of construction, operating sequences and machine details.
- Perform extremely difficult and unusual machining operations. Improvise methods and tooling and make a variety of calculations involving the use of formulas.
- Fit and assemble prototypes, review test trails, diagnose and resolve problems and suggest means of overcoming difficulties and avoiding manufacturing problems.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained, and work areas and housekeeping standards are met. Be vigilant to safety issues, concerns, and hazards.
- Take appropriate action to correct unsafe conditions to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Maintain records and documentation as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Classification A & B skill level and experience. This is also determined by the machines you operate: Milling machine, Griner, EDM, CNC, CAD, CAM and Final Fitting and parting line.
- Perform mold-making duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance and punctuality.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the general public.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in all phases of mold making and machining of molds, inclusive of materials, processes, technology, and related quality standards. Must have strong communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with employees from diverse multi-cultural backgrounds and with varying levels of experience, education, and skill sets. Must be able to read and write.
- Must have general working knowledge of CAD/CAM systems.
- Extensive training and experience in mold making along with plastic injection manufacturing experience may be accepted in lieu of the completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Must have the ability to effectively train lower-level job classifications. Must be able to make independent decisions. Must be able to diagnose problems, troubleshoot mold function, and make recommendations for corrective action. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to walk, climb, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, push and/or pull (up to 100 lbs.) Must have excellent eyesight (corrected) with depth perception.
Offered salary and other compensation:
Based on your experience and performance record, we offer $70,000 - $100,000. Additionally, we offer profit sharing. We also offer:
- Team Player
- Multitask capable
Thank you for sending your application online.
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays