Schroeder Design Build
Is expanding fast, and looking for a dedicated, accuracy-driven
About Schroeder Design/Build, Inc.
We are a top-rated, family owned & operated remodeling firm serving residential and commercial clients throughout Northern VA since 1986. We provide award-winning remodeling and home building, along with real estate sales. With an in-house
design and project development team, and an industry-best production department, we deliver the best experience possible to our clients We are in urgent need of a proven professional construction estimator.
3918 Prosperity Avenue, Suite 100 Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Your Mission as estimator:
Estimator’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an accurate, detailed, and efficient cost estimating processes to ensure predictably profitable construction projects
- Develop and maintain a high-level pre-sale estimating process. Work with the Sales, Design and Project Development teams to manage budget and document scope of work throughout our design process
- Organize and communicate estimate information to set up the team for success both at contract and during construction.
- Satisfy or exceed key metrics standards set by General Manager.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Develop an initial cost estimate for each construction project including:
- Perform material take- offs and estimate materials.
- Estimate in house labor hours
- Estimate trade costs
- Develop a final cost estimate for each construction agreement including:
- Updated in house labor hours
- Accurate material quotes
- Accurate trade quotes
- Price and document project additional work orders with the Director of Production.
- Prepare Request for Proposal documents and review trade quotes for accuracy.
- Negotiate lower costs with trade-contractors and suppliers.
- Develop a database of unit prices from our trades and suppliers.
- Meet schedule commitments made to clients and/or company sales/design team.
- Manage estimating software including assemblies and cost database.
- Use software database and historical costs to improve estimating accuracy.
Preferred Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
- High School Graduate
- 3-5 years of field experience as a carpenter or lead carpenter.
- 3-5 years of construction estimating experience.
- Ability to read plans and perform material take-offs
- Able to build construction schedules
- Familiar with modern online CRMs and/or Co-Construct online scheduling software
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiar with or able to learn ProEst estimating software
- Care for our clients
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Work well with the team to achieve common goals
- Get things done
- Hard worker
- Great problem solver
We offer a starting salary of $65,000 to $75,000, depending on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, health, dental, 401k, and life insurance.
Thank you for submitting your application via the link below.