Petersen Pet Hospital
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
About our company:
We are a 6 doctor, AAHA accredited, Fear Free and Cat Friendly small animal hospital. We are located in a 9500 sq ft hospital in Hiawatha, Iowa that was a 2019 Merit Award Winner in the DVM360 Hospital Design Contest. We abide by five core values: Compassionate, Flexible, Integrity, Accountable and Team Player.
Clients come to us because of our reputation for excellence and our compassionate and friendly team. Employees come to work for us because we are high tech, have a great culture and have a well-trained team that provides outstanding medical care. You need to see us to believe it.
1031 Kacena Road, Hiawatha, IA 52233
Receptionist’s schedule and location:
You will be located at our practice in Hiawatha, IA. You will be working 35-40hrs per week. Your work typical week will be working 4 1/2 days including every other Saturday.
Your Mission as Receptionist:
This position is key in helping us deliver an excellent customer experience as you are the first and last impression our customers get.
Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- This position requires a HIGH level of multitasking in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent customer service to our clients
- Greeting Clients - checking patients in, discharging patients, dispensing medications & prescriptions, invoicing
- Phone Reception - answering multiple phone lines, addressing client inquiries, scheduling appointments for multiple doctors, recording messages for doctors and team members
- Client Communication - patient updates, appointment reminders, update inquiries
- Inputting data into electronic medical record system (Avimark)
- Receiving Client Payments - posting & recording payments, receiving payment, running end of day transaction register
- Check clinic email, fax & phone messaging- prescription refill requests, appointment requests, client inquiries
- General Office duties- cleaning / organizing reception area
- Assisting Practice Manager with other projects that will benefit the hospitals efficiency
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must have 3 or more years of face-to-face proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs unaided
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for entire shift
- Experience/knowledge in a veterinary environment is preferred
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to think clearly and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt easily to change/handle working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity, resiliency, and sound judgment when dealing with challenges
- Can maintain a sense of humor in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Dependability and punctuality are a must
- Must have a can-do attitude and be a team player
- Work well in teams as well as independently
- Friendly & outgoing
- Multitasking capabilities
- Organizational & Time management skills
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Dependable and accountable
- Technical skills
We offer a starting pay of $14-$18 per hour depending on experience. We also offer health, dental, vision, 401k and pet discounts.
Please note, we do not accept applications in person or via the phone. Thank you for sending your application online.