Central Animal Hospital
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
Lead Veterinary Receptionist/Front Office Manager
About our company:
Established in the late 1970s, Central Animal Hospital has been serving the St. Petersburg and greater Tampa Bay community for over 40 years. In 1979, Mark Brown began working at Central Animal Hospital as an animal caregiver in the kennel. He soon worked his way up to veterinary technician and in 1990, after graduating from Auburn University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, he returned to Central Animal Hospital as an associate veterinarian. Then in 1998 Dr. Brown assumed ownership of the practice.
We are committed to promoting and providing the very best possible health care for pets, educating the community on responsible pet care and enhancing the human-animal bond.
Central Animal Hospital has been an accredited hospital member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 2002.
We are looking for two office managers, one at each of our two locations.
4801 Fourth St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33703 and
2555 Pinellas Point Drive South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Our Website: www.centralanimal.net
Lead Veterinary Receptionist/Front Office Manager’s schedule and location:
- For our position located on Fourth Street, your schedule will be Monday-Friday (8hr shifts) with occasional weekend coverage in case of staff outages.
Your Mission as Lead Veterinary Receptionist/Front Office Manager:
- For our position located on Pinellas Point Drive your schedule will be Monday-Friday (8hr shifts).
The purpose of this position is to supervise, direct, plan and coordinate a variety of service functions that are work-supporting to the Central Animal Hospitals’ front desk staff.
Lead Veterinary Receptionist/Front Office Manager’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Reception (receiving clients and managing the phone)
- Clinical Support
- Maintenance of Veterinary Medical Records
- Account Maintenance
- Cash/Credit Processing
- Procurement of administrative and medical supplies/equipment
- Training of Staff
- Mail Service
- Report Generation
- Follow Ups
- Retailing a variety of veterinary items
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year veterinary experience
- 1+ year front office management experience
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Upbeat, friendly, compassionate.
- Love people as well as pets.
- Treats others as he/she would want to be treated and treat pet patients as if they were your own.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Can ascertain situations and make reasonable split second, common sense decisions.
- Problem solver.
- Understand the needs of the business; can support business objectives while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
We offer a starting salary of $17 to $20 per hour, depending on experience. In addition we also offer Paid Time Off, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, AFLAC, Legal & ID Theft Protection and an Employee Assistance Program.
Thank you for sending your application online.