Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
About our company:
We are an established medical practice in the greater Los Angeles area and have been in business for 35 years. As we are expanding fast, we are looking to add a medical biller to our team.
We work as a team and enjoy playing games to have fun. We like to help all our patients do better in life and treat them like family. We strive to give the most personable and cutting-edge treatment possible.
23822 Valencia Blvd 103 Santa Clarita, Ca
Medical Biller’s schedule and location:
You will be located at our office in Santa Clarita and have a schedule of 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday.
Your Mission as Medical Biller:
This position exists to make sure all insurances are checked before patients’ arrival so that they are billed properly and the payment comes in on time.
Medical Biller’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Verify insurance benefits.
- Bill (Insurance claim submission) for patients to insurance Companies accurately the first time,
and giving all information needed.
- Enter charges accurately into Sycle (this is our database program).
- Verify Sycle data matches tracking sheet before returning it to front office.
- Obtain workman's comp authorization and negotiations.
- Get hearing aid authorization for HMO's and managed care.
- Call insurance companies to predict when the money will be sent.
- Look at the aging report on a weekly basis and make sure any money over 60 days is collected before the 90 day mark is hit.
- Send out all bills and letters to private patients and makes sure they are collected in a timely manner. Calling people when not paid.
- Send people collection notices when not paid on time and to collections if there is no response. Print an aging report once a month for the CEO to review.
- Collect all funds for services and sales in a timely manner.
- Get all bills paid on time resulting in pleased creditors.
We are looking for an applicant that has at least one year of billing experience (ideally in the medical field). As well as good references regarding character and past achievements.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Assertive on the phone to get the bills paid correctly and on time.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Like to work independently.
- Fast learner, very organized.
- Doesn’t get into drama at work.
- Work well with a team.
- Come up with ideas on ways to better things.
- Like to make or beat targets.
- Like to take on responsibility.
We offer a compensation package consisting of $17-$20 per hour, depending on experience. We also offer performance based bonuses. We also offer paid time off.
Thank you for sending your application online.