Petersen Pet Hospital
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
About our company:
Petersen Pet Hospital is a growing 6 veterinarian small animal modern practice. We are AAHA accredited and a Cat Friendly Practice. Our 9500 sq ft facility is only 2 years old and we offer the most up-to-date medicine and technology to our patients and clients. Dr. Petersen started the practice by himself in 2003 and has steadily increased the size of the practice since then. We stand by our core values of Honesty, Accountability, Teamwork, Compassion and Flexibility.
1031 Kacena Rd , Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
Practice Manager’s schedule and location:
Your schedule will be Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri 7:50am-6pm, Wed 7:50am-12pm. You will be located at our Hiawatha location.
Your Mission as Practice Manager:
You will work with the owners to continue to grow and expand the client base and community reach of the practice. You are in charge of the day-to-day operations of the hospital and are responsible for maintaining benefits programs, conducting new employee orientations, hiring, training, and reviewing support staff, assuring compliance with state and federal safety regulations and maintaining the integrity of the medical records.
Practice Manager’s duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise: Associate Veterinarians, Office Manager, Team Leads, Client Care Specialists, Veterinary Technicians, Veterinary Assistants and Kennel Assistants.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Manage the staff and office by instituting and maintaining compliance with policy and job descriptions and utilize statistical management.
- Ensure smooth and efficient patient flow.
- Create an environment where clients feel competently serviced and where staff can work together as a team.
- Report directly to the practice owners.
- Evaluate performance against goals and suggest improvements where required.
- Lend assistance in all administrative matters as necessary.
- Perform any duty that may be necessary in the best interest of the business and hospital.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation is desirable but not required
- Hospital or veterinary management experience is desirable but not required
- 4 years or more of experience working in all aspects of a business enterprise including human resource management, customer service, and supervisory duties.
Offered salary and other compensation:
- You must have good reporting and observational skills to keep the owners informed of the status of the hospital operations and staff. This is a leadership position with the additional responsibility of ensuring a positive work environment in which the practice achieves its goals.
- Driven and self motivated
- Willing to learn
- Empathetic and love to help others succeed
- Dependable and organized
- Great communicator and outgoing
We offer a starting salary of $55,000-$65,000 depending on experience. In addition we offer Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, pet discount, paid vacation days and bonuses.
Thank you for sending your application online.