Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
Lead Architectural Designer
About our company:
For more than 30 years, homeowners in Northern Virginia have come to Schroeder Design/Build, Inc. when they need to make their house into a home where they can live their dreams. Clients receive complete design and construction services guided by our values of integrity, communication, discipline, professionalism and the pursuit of excellence.
Schroeder Design/Build is a family-owned business with more than 25 employees, and we’re still growing. We make it a priority to form long-lasting professional relationships with our employees, clients, the community, and other businesses through team building and company outings.
Why should you join us?
We like to develop people and give opportunity for growth within our company. We are a small, tight, communicative and caring group where every voice matters. Our company has long-term plans for growth, and we want dedicated team members to join us!
3918 Prosperity Ave., #100, Fairfax, VA 22031
Lead Architectural Designer’s schedule:
You will be a flexible schedule that generally runs from 9am to 6pm Mon-Fri. You will also be located at our Fairfax office.
Your Mission as Lead Architectural Designer:
Lead Architectural Designer’s duties and responsibilities:
- Develop high quality design concepts that both help our clients achieve their goals for their home as well as help them manage their investment budget.
- Coordinate responsibilities within the design team to use each member’s best skills and source resources as needed to develop projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicate, to the Production Team, the information needed to build the client’s dream to their satisfaction as well as construct projects on time and on budget
Required experience and qualifications:
- Perform or Coordinate Design Team effort for timely and accurate completion of:
- Design Development
- Conceptual Drawings
- Material Selections
- Structural Drawings
- Schedule and oversee all design related meetings
- Delegate workload as appropriate and manage delegated work to ensure on time and accurate completion of all portions of the design
- Set the example for team members in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational skills, and work habits.
- Coordinate efforts with the entire Schroeder team to ensure a seamless client experience and ensure attainment of overall company goals.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes. Ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Manage the work of 1-2 designers.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience in residential project design and development
- 2 years' leading projects and working directly with clients
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite and online scheduling programs
- Basic knowledge of REVIT and 2020 drafting software
- At least a basic knowledge of how residential structures are built and structural development
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Care for our clients
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Can accomplish work through others
- Able to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work
- Work well with the team to achieve common goals
- Love to problem solve
Thank you for sending your application via our online link below.
- We offer a starting salary of $55,000 to $80,000, depending upon experience
- We offer Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Company Activities and Outings, and a Profit Reward Program.