Schroeder Design Build
is expanding fast, and we are in urgent need of a professional
About Schroeder Design/Build, Inc.
We are a top-rated, family owned & operated remodeling firm serving residential and commercial clients throughout Northern Virginia since 1986. We provide award-winning remodeling and home building, along with real estate sales. With an in-house
design and project development team, and an industry-best production department, we deliver the best experience possible to our clients. Open and honest communication sets the foundation for our success. We are in urgent need of a proven professional Architectural Designer
for an opportunity that can grow into a Lead Architectural Designer
Be sure to visit our website: www.schroederdesignbuild.com
Your Role as Architectural Designer:
Duties and Responsibilities as Architectural Designer:
- Work with the Director of Design to
- Determine feasibility of proposed projects within the parameters of local zoning and applicable building codes.
- Develop schematic drawings, structural drawings, permit documentation and construction drawings
- Develop design concepts that meet our client’s goals while respecting their budget parameters
- Support the Director of Design as needed to provide an excellent customer experience for our clients including fact to face design meetings and ongoing client communication
- Manage the details that make design projects successful
- Work with internal teams to ensure our production staff and clients are set up for a successful construction process.
- Grow, personally and professional, into a Leader Design role where you will lead design projects and be the face of our company to design clients
- Be an effective ambassador for the company through networking and community events
Required experience and qualifications:
- Coordinate efforts with the entire Schroeder team to ensure a seamless client experience and ensure attainment of overall company goals.
- Draft schematic and structural drawings to company standards
- Participate in cooperate design development process
- Manage schedules, estimating deliverables, project scope etc.
- Meet agreed to deadline for all deliverables
- Conduct business in a highly ethical manner in line with company standards
Preferred Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
- 2 years drafting experience in Autodesk REVIT
- Four-year college degree
- Experience developing residential designs and structural drawings
- Ability to read plans
- Familiar with modern online CRMs
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Live in the Northern Virginia area
- Top performer with a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Cares for our clients
- Works well with the team to achieve common goals
- Loves to problem solve
- Internal drive to be on time
- Professional appearance and demeanor
We offer a starting pay of $45,000 to $65,000 per year depending on experience. In addition, we offer:
Thank you for applying online as we do not process applications in person or on the phone.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance