CENTRAL ANIMAL HOSPITAL
About our company:
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, performance-driven
Lead Veterinary Technician
Established in the late 1970s, Central Animal Hospital has been serving the St. Petersburg and greater Tampa Bay community for over 40 years. In 1979, Mark Brown began working at Central Animal Hospital as an animal caregiver in the kennel. He soon worked his way up to veterinary technician and in 1990, after graduating from Auburn University’s College of Veterinary Medicine, he returned to Central Animal Hospital as an associate veterinarian . Then in 1998 Dr. Brown assumed ownership of the practice.
We are committed to promoting and providing the very best possible health care for pets, educating the community on responsible pet care and enhancing the human-animal bond.
Central Animal Hospital has been an accredited hospital member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 2002.
4801 Fourth Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33703.
Lead Vet Tech’s schedule and location:
You will be working at our location in St. Petersburg. Your schedule will be a varied 4-day work week (approx. 40 hours/week).
Your Mission as Lead Veterinary Technician:
The purpose of this position is to supervise, lead and direct the veterinary technician team, plan, coordinate and perform a variety of veterinary technical duties concerned with animal health and client education in support of Central Animal Hospital's medical program (from the exam room to surgery) to assure quality care for pets and promote greater efficiency by relieving veterinarians of technical work and administrative details.
You will report directly to the Practice Manager. You will be involved in monthly Team Leader meetings with the practice manager, other Team Leaders, Hospital Administrator and Practice Owner to review practice goals and performance as well as address departmental needs and concerns.
Your duties and responsibilities as our Lead Veterinary technician:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Direct/assist technicians and assistants in their performance of technical and client education duties
- Oversee/perform OTC, flea/tick/heartworm/therapeutic dietary sales both in-house and our online home delivery platform. Exhibit technical knowledge of all products sold, demonstrate salesmanship abilities, and explain/educate clients about these.
- Prepare/oversee the preparation of technical staff work schedules.
- Ensure staff understands and is in compliance with OSHA regulations, hospital safety procedures, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Oversee auditing of medical records for accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee daily/weekly/monthly checklists and maintenance logs.
- Direct on-the-job training and make recommendations to the practice manager regarding human resource matters.
- Resolve informal employee complaints and be familiar with human resource policies and hospital procedures.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings to review goals, listen to concerns and report back to the Practice Manager along with any solutions-based recommendations when necessary.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) credentials (or similar credentialing from another state: LVT, RVT)
- Copy of degree and current certification required.
- Minimum of five years of experience as credentialed technician. Lead technician experience a plus.
- Experienced skillset in exam room/treatment, radiology, laboratory, surgery and dentistry.
- Track record of setting example for being on time, team player, initiative and problem solving.
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Responsible; sets example for others
- Personable; gets along with team members and difficult clients
- Results-driven motivator and problem solver
- Enthusiastic team-player focused on collaboration
- Attention to detail, knowledgeable in medical terminology and medical record documentation
- Flexibility; understands responsibilities to fill in or make staffing arrangements when staff members call in sick, are on vacation, or when staffing is short.
We offer a starting pay of $20 to $24/hr depending on experience. We also offer Medical company pd: $3,000/yr; Pd PTO; Dental/vision/pet/AFLAC insurance available; 401K matching; +more
Thank you for applying online only.