Schroeder Design Build
is expanding fast, and we’re looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
About Schroeder Design/Build, Inc.
Schroeder Design/Build (SDB) is a top-rated, family owned & operated remodeling firm serving residential & commercial clients throughout Northern VA since 1986. As a Fairfax-based contractor, we provide award-winning remodeling and home building, along with real estate sales. We endeavor to stay at the forefront of innovation, offering online portals to job communication, state-of-the-art construction processes, and advanced technological methods for managing jobs, promoting our services, engaging our team members, and serving our clients. Open and honest communication sets the foundation for our success.
We continue to develop our collaborative and systematic approach to marketing, sales, design and production to create predictable high-quality results. With an in-house design and project development team, and an industry-best production department, we deliver the best experience possible to our clients. If you want to be part of a team that strives for excellent both in the quality of our work and personal growth, Schroeder may be the place for you.
3918 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax VA 22031
Sales Rep Location and Schedule:
You will be based out of our Fairfax, VA office and will facilitate sales throughout the Northern Virginia metropolitan area. Generally, hours are 9 AM – 5 PM, Mon-Fri, but there are times when you will need to be flexible. Occasional weekend representation is required at lead-generating events.
Your Role as Sales Rep:
- Meet with potential clients in their home to identify their goals and dreams for their home
- Determine a remodeling project’s feasibility and the prospective client’s fit with our company business model
- Bring signed Design and Construction agreements into our design and build process
- Work closely with clients to maintain open communications throughout the project, from first meeting through completion, to ensure client satisfaction
- Be an effective ambassador for SDB through networking and community events
Sales Rep Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct business in an honest and ethical manner in ordinance with company standards
- Consistent, effective follow up and follow through with assigned leads and potential clients
- Self-generate a portion of your leads
- Maintain industry standard—or better—closing ratios
- Create initial project budgets
- Understand, create and present Design and Construction Agreements to clients
- Understand Scope of Work, budget expectations and structural limitations
- Maintain responsibility for the success/client satisfaction of design projects
- Attend key design meetings to ensure clients have a clear understanding of their project
- Communicate all job-specific needs to the design and production teams prior to project start.
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the design and construction process
- Attend final walk-throughs with clients
Required experience and qualifications:
- 5 years person to person sales experience, preferably in home sales
- Reliable transportation
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Smartphone capability of both email and text
- Live in the Northern Virginia area
- Able to work 40-50/hours on average
- Able to participate in occasional weekend events such as home shows and open houses
- High school graduate
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
Ideal candidates will have:
- Four-year college degree
- More than 2 years’ experience selling in the residential remodeling industry
- Ability to read plans, do material take-offs and create basic construction budgets
- Familiar with Sage ACT CRM and/or Co-Construct online scheduling software
- Familiarity with Sandler selling system
Preferred Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
- Top performer with a great attitude and willingness to learn
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Cares for our clients
- Works well with the team to achieve common goals
- Loves to problem solve
Salary and Other Compensation:
For this position we offer commission with a draw against. We expect this position to make a minimum of $90,000 per year, with an excellent sales rep making $200,000 as commissions are uncapped. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, health, dental, 401k, and life insurance.
We do not accept walk-in or call-in applications; please apply online.