Schroeder Design Build
About Schroeder Design/Build, Inc.
Is expanding fast, and is looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
Schroeder Design/Build (SDB) is a top-rated, family owned & operated remodeling firm serving residential & commercial clients throughout Northern VA since 1986. As a Fairfax-based contractor, we provide award-winning remodeling and home building, along with real estate sales. We endeavor to stay at the forefront of innovation, offering online portals to job communication, state-of-the-art construction processes, and advanced technological methods for managing jobs, promoting our services, engaging our team members, and serving our clients. Open and honest communication sets the foundation for our success.
We continue to develop our collaborative and systematic approach to marketing, sales, design and production to create predictable high-quality results. With an in-house design and project development team, and an industry-best production department, we deliver the best experience possible to our clients. If you want to be part of a team that strives for excellent both in the quality of our work and personal growth, Schroeder may be the place for you.
3918 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax VA 22031
Project Manager’s Location and Schedule:
You will be based out of our Fairfax, VA office and will manage projects throughout the Northern Virginia metropolitan area. Your schedule will be 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri.
Your Role as Project Manager:
Project Manager’s Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and Manage highly-productive field teammates who will be bringing our client’s dreams to reality
- Drive Production Department results by ensuring that assigned projects finish on time and on budget, and that clients are happy
- Satisfy or exceed key metrics standards set by Director of Production
- Assist in preproduction project preparation to help set up projects and clients for success in production
- Perform some duties of a Project Developer as determined by the Director of Production
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented with field teammates
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Perform basic job preparation, such as thoroughly reviewing Production Packets for each assigned project prior to project start
- Prepare material take-offs for projects in pre-production development. Review and sign off on material orders on assigned projects, as needed.
- Provide copies of all Job Documentation to Lead Carpenter and other crew members; complete daily Job Logs and keep all job records in order
- Build and update schedules on all assigned projects
- Work with and supervise Lead Carpenters and another field teammates
- Schedule and supervise Subcontractor Trades on assigned projects
- Clear path for Lead Carpenters to ensure no job delays
- Maintain an open line of communication with the client throughout the duration of the project
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure quality control
- Serve as a liaison between field staff and office staff
- Ensure compliance with OSHA safety policies and procedures by all field staff
- Ensure compliance with hazardous materials programs including EPA lead safe practices and asbestos abatement policies
- Set the example for team members in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational skills, and work habits
Preferred Soft Skills and Personality Traits:
- High School Graduate
- Valid Driver's License
- 5 years’ experience in residential project management
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite and online scheduling programs
- Able to build construction schedules
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Care for our clients
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Can accomplish work through others
- Work well with the team to achieve common goals
- Get things done
- Hard worker
- Love to problem solve
We offer a starting salary of $65,000 to $75,000, depending on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, holidays, health, dental, 401k, and life insurance.
We do not accept walk-in or call-in applications; please apply online.