Building Air Services
About our company:
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
In Birmingham metropolitan area
Building Air Services (BAS) was founded in 2002, as a commercial HVAC/R provider within Florida. Based on a self-performing business model which provides the highest quality service, response and excellent word of mouth advertising, BAS expanded into several southern states within the first year. For the last several years we have fully serviced the entire southeastern United States and Arizona with our footprint including FL, GA, NC, SC, AL, MS LA, TX and AZ. We have 17 individual branch teams, staffed by a Branch Manager, Branch Administrator and 4-10 technicians.
We have a multitude of commercial contracts with clients such as Big Lots, Bealls, Petco, Hibbett, TJ Maxx, Hertz, Taco Cabana, Vitamin Shoppe, and many others. BAS services over 15,000 commercial client locations and are postured to significantly increase our presence within the industry over the next year or two.
BAS is founded on the principles of honesty, integrity and respect, and hold in the highest regard our customers and internal team members. We strive to maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and pride of ownership in each individual's work contribution, affording all members of the BAS team the opportunity to achieve to levels that are never capped.
We are looking for an individual to join our team to help us reach our growth, revenue and saturation goals, supplying the best customer service and highest quality technical support available within the commercial HVAC/R industry.
Branch Manager’s schedule and location:
You will be located at our Alabama Office in the Birmingham metropolitan area. The core business hours you will be working are 7-4, but you must be able to support technicians in the field and their schedule as well.
Branch Manager’s duties and responsibilities:
A branch manager must be able to effectively manage a team of technicians and communicate clearly with clients, maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction and service.
The branch manager must:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Perform quality assurance checks on technicians
- Communicate with technicians and clients
- Mentor technicians
- Efficiently schedule technicians
- Create profitable quotes within required timeframes
- Navigate client and company systems and software
- Perform billing within required timeframes
- Provide written and verbal work order updates to clients and administration
- Be willing to be the second man on installations
- Hold safety meetings and ensure safety requirements are followed
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- 10+ years on the HVAC/R industry
- 5+ years management experience
- Excellent understanding of P&L components and statements, and how to read them
- Understand pricing and how to quote
- Understand HVAC/R mechanics and how systems work
- Understand HVAC/R to a level that can support technicians when they need help troubleshooting
- Understand how to manage financial performance, how to generate profit
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to prioritize
- Detail orientated
- Strong initiative and drive
- Excellent management skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacious, go getter, always looking to grow
We offer a starting salary of $70k, plus monthly bonus and annual bonus based on sales and net profit. The total compensation package should end up well over 100k within the first year.
Additional benefits include: 401k, Health, Dental, Paid vacation, Holidays and sick days
IMPORTANT: We do not accept walk-in or call-in applications; your application will only be taken seriously when applying online.