About our company:
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
Outside Sales Representative
Gandy Printers is a commercial printing company, founded in 1970 and located in Tallahassee, Florida. We are family owned/operated and have been serving the Tallahassee and surrounding areas for over 45 years.
Gandy Printers specializes in offset, digital, and wide format printing. We offer a wide variety of products, ranging from business cards, stationery and carbonless forms, to brochures, direct mail postcards, newsletters, magazines, catalogs, calendars, full size posters, banners and more.
Our focus is on producing quality printed products while meeting our customers deadlines. We have positioned our company for growth and the future by investing in state-of-the-art technology and equipment. We have purchased the area’s only LED-UV offset press and are the area’s only G7 certified printer. Over the past 2 years we have experienced a high rate of growth and we are looking for a qualified salesperson to help us sustain this growth.
1800 S Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Your Mission as Outside Sales Representative:
Your goals include boosting customer acquisition levels, top-line revenue growth, and profitability. You will have the ability to grow with us as we continually look for new products and services to invest in and offer.
Outside Sales Representative’s schedule and location:
You will be located at our Tallahassee location; however, this is an outside sales position so you must be willing to drive to customers in the surrounding area. Your schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00.
Outside Sales Representative’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Source and develop new business leads
- Attend networking events, call on and meet with prospective customers and inactive accounts
- Maintain long-term consultative relationships with clients for repeat business
- Sell, upsell and resell to customers, clients and prospects
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Basic understanding of offset, digital and wide format printing processes, materials, and applications.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the printing industry.
- Ability to develop and maintain long term commercial printing customer relationships.
- Self-motivated individual that can work independently and within a team environment. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to sell products in line with the plant’s ability to produce.
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Experience with desktop design software like Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Offered salary and other compensation:
- Hunter salesman type personality - go out and gets sales, not wait for them to come in.
- Great communication both written and spoken
- Independent – able to manage on your own
We offer a base of 40,000 plus uncapped commissions, with the goal to transfer to full commission within a year.
Our commission structure is 5%-10% (depending on size of job and bidding situation). Our average sales range from $500-$5,000, however some go as high as $30,000. With this structure you should be looking at about $60k-$80k in commissions a year.
We also offer Health Insurance and a Simple IRA.
IMPORTANT: We do not accept walk-in or call-in applications; your application will only be taken seriously when applying via online.