Growing fast – Looking for a dedicated
About Our Company
For more than 30 years, homeowners in Northern Virginia have come to Schroeder Design/Build, Inc. when they need to make their house into a home where they can live their dreams. Clients receive complete design and construction services guided by our values of integrity, communication, discipline, professionalism and the pursuit of excellence.
Schroeder Design/Build is a family-owned business with more than 25 employees, and we’re still growing. We make it a priority to form long-lasting professional relationships with our employees, clients, the community, and other businesses through team building and company outings.
Why should you join us? We like to develop people and give opportunity for growth within our company. We are a small, tight, communicative and caring group where every voice matters. Our company has long-term plans for growth, and we want dedicated team members to join us!
Our Location: 3918 Prosperity Ave., #100, Fairfax, VA 22031
Our Website: https://www.schroederdesignbuild.com/
YOUR MISSION AS ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
The primary purpose of this role is to develop overall architectural concepts of design projects, from design through construction. You will work one-on-one with Design Clients, Sales, Project Developer(s) and Production to ensure client goals are met during the design process. You will ensure accurate completion of the design within the required timeframe in order to meet production demands, as well as support the final sale of a construction agreement. Our ultimate goal is to create happy clients.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER’S SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
You will be working a flexible full-time schedule out of our company offices in Fairfax, with occasional meetings at client job sites in Northern Virginia.
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER’S DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through a team approach, achieve superior client satisfaction
- Maintain relationships with clients and staff to provide the highest level of customer service
- Meet designated project timelines
- Perform duties of Design Project Lead for assigned design clients
- Prepare or assign drafting all architectural projects
- Prepare take-offs and initial quotes for all required materials
- Obtain or coordinate required structural permitting
- Manage REVIT templates and design-related checklists
- Attend or coordinate attendance of key client meetings as needed
- Meet or exceed overall company volume goals
- Provide weekly updates on project status to the team
- Assist in identifying policy and procedure upgrades to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Participate in ongoing training to improve skills
- Assist Production Department as needed during construction
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 to 2 years of residential design experience
- At least basic experience developing permit documents, including structural
- Prefer at least basic REVIT drafting experience
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS AND PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Vision for design
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients and team members
- Passion to set, pursue and attain goals
- Ability to work with people to achieve extraordinary results
- Fun-loving team player
- Very important: you must have a true passion for details
SALARY AND OTHER COMPENSATION
- We offer a starting salary of $50,000 to $70,000, depending upon experience
- We offer Health & Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Company Activities and Outings, and a Reward Program
Thank you for applying through the link below.